Technical Support Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an ambitious and energetic graduate with work placement experience or second jobber looking to progress your career in IT? We have a great opportunity for you to join the team at Cloud 66 as a Technical Support Engineer, and to develop a range of technical skills to propel your career forward! As part of the small support team you will have exposure to many different technologies and applications.
This is not a typical support role - due to the nature of our business the interactions with customers are diverse and technical. You will have the rare opportunity to delve in as deeply as you are comfortable; while still having other more senior Engineers available for guidance should you need. Expect to be challenged, and as a result, expect to learn and progress quickly!
ABOUT CLOUD 66
Founded in 2012, Cloud 66 is a fast growing Tech start-up based in London and the US. Selected as one of 10 companies to take part in the prestigious Techstars accelerator in the US as well as being recognized as one of the top 10 most promising companies in the IT infrastructure space by Accel Partners, and with recent investment from leading technology players, Cloud 66 is now looking to grow the London engineering team.
Our DevOps and management products help more than 12,000 developers in 110 countries around the world to build, manage and maintain cloud based (container and non-container) applications on all major cloud providers. If you would like to be part of an amazing team of passionate programmers in a role with a lot of scope for future growth, read on!
- Monitor and respond to customer support tickets via email and chat
- Create and update support documentation where required to enable customers to self-support going forward
- Help customers understand the Cloud 66 capabilities and influence them to implement best practices
- Create and update tools to facilitate and accelerate the support system process
- Provide feedback to other members of the team on customer trends; reporting your observations in order to improve our evolving support processes
- You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales thus giving you the opportunity to gain experience across multiple business functions
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills! You will be one of the voices of Cloud 66; we’ll count on you to interact in an articulate, friendly and professional way
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality with a desire to learn and develop your technical skill set
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Consistent attention to detail
- Some experience with Linux (understanding of basic commands)
- Experience with OSX (you’ll be supplied with a MacBook)
- Experience with Ticket systems (like Helpscout)
- Experience with Git systems (like Github)
- Experience with some scripting language (like bash or ruby)
- Available for interviews immediately; Ideally able to start immediately
- An analytical degree