Junior Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a great Junior Software Engineer to join our engineering team and help us transform the the way developers build/deploy/maintain their applications and container workloads in the cloud.
In this role, you will work on development of products used internally and externally to enable building, deploying and managing Linux containers (like Docker) and orchestration engines (like Kubernetes) within a company experiencing exponential growth and rapid-fire product rollouts. You will be helping to implement globally available, resilient and highly performant services used by thousands of developers every day. You will be involved in diverse technical challenges, within a team of like minded individuals.
We will support and encourage your learning and growth and expect you to then take on ever more ambitious challenges within the company. This role is technically challenging - if you’re looking to push yourself and ramp your skills into overdrive this is the job for you!
ABOUT CLOUD 66
Founded in 2012, Cloud 66 is a fast growing Tech start-up based in London and the US. Selected as one of 10 companies to take part in the prestigious Techstars accelerator in the US as well as being recognized as one of the top 10 most promising companies in the IT infrastructure space by Accel Partners, and with recent investment from leading technology players, Cloud 66 is now looking to grow the London engineering team.
Our DevOps and management products help more than 12,000 developers in 110 countries around the world to build, manage and maintain cloud based (container and non-container) applications on all major cloud providers. If you would like to be part of an amazing team of passionate programmers in a role with a lot of scope for future growth, read on!
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team
- Write high quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules
- Implement small scale projects internally (testing/tooling/automation with 3rd party integrations)
- Graduate to larger projects with internal and external visibility (product/customer driven)
- Provide technical support to internal departments (ie. support/marketing/testing)
- You will primarily be writing code with Linux/Ruby/Golang
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills - to communicate effectively around new/complex concepts
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality with a desire to learn and develop your technical skill set
- A good grade in an analytical degree (Computer Science or comparable is desirable)
- Solid understanding of programming concepts (patterns, memory management, multithreading, algorithms)
- Solid understanding of at least one programming language, and the ability to write clean/concise code.
- Knowledge of Linux (understanding of basic commands/operations)
- Experience with OSX (you’ll be supplied with a MacBook)
- Available for interviews immediately; Ideally able to start immediately.
- Knowledge of Ruby
- Knowledge of Golang