Software Development Internship (2018)
This is an internship opportunity for the Summer of 2018. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, mission critical application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2, Google Cloud, Linux Containers and Kubernetes.
About the job
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern".
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Cloud 66 solve problems in distributed computing, web scale performance, Micro Services, containers and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment.
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Cloud 66 Team.
- Working towards a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
Named as one of the Top 10 DevOps startups in Europe by Accel Partners, Cloud 66 simplifies DevOps. By combining an application centric approach to infrastructure management and focusing on Linux Containers, Cloud 66 fills a unique spot between developers and operations. Founded in 2012, Cloud 66 is backed by well known angel and institutional investors and has offices in London, UK and San Francisco CA.
While this is an unpaid internship, our aim is to find the best and the brightest candidates to join Cloud 66 permanently as soon as their studies is finished. As such we will reimburse your expenses as well as considering paying you an internship salary for the best candidates and exceptional cases will accept paid internship roles.